View the video of this lesson YouTube here: McCoy Tyner Video Lesson on Youtube
Download your FREE .pdf on Scribd: Lesson #23
Get the .pdf in all 12 keys: Lesson #23 in all 12 keys
Practice with the play-along below:
If you enjoyed this lesson, please share with your friends and consider donating with the button on the left. All donations go to support the site and help me keep making videos. Thank you!
If you haven't seen any of my previous lessons from this series, here is a recap on how to practice this lesson.
1) Play each hand as written while concentrating on hearing the melody in your head.
2) Play the L.H. as written while singing the right hand melody.
2b) An alternative to this step include pantomiming playing the right hand while singing. This helps connect the physical action of playing with your aural memory.
3) Sing the R.H. melody away from your instrument.
Was that not enough of a challenge for you?
1) Consider taking small sections you enjoyed through all 12 keys.
2) Practice displacing each phrase by half a beat, a full beat, or one and one half beats.
3) Practice improvising with the melody by altering the rhythms within each phrase.