How to practice this lesson:
Turn on the metronome at a slow enough tempo where you can play the exercise effortlessly.
1) Play each hand as written while concentrating on hearing the melody in your head.
2) Play the L.H. as written while singing the right hand melody.
2b) An alternative to this step include pantomiming playing the right hand while singing. This helps connect the physical action of playing with your aural memory.
3) Sing the R.H. melody away from your instrument.
Was that not enough of a challenge for you?
1) Consider taking small sections you enjoyed through all 12 keys.
2) Practice displacing each phrase by half a beat, a full beat, or one and one half beats.
3) Practice improvising with the melody by altering the rhythms within each phrase.
Did you like this lesson and want to see more like it? Please donate to help me keep making videos!
Click below to view your free .pdf on Scribd.com.
Lesson #16: But Beautiful